Atrium Health’s smaller, local network of hospitals and providers
Blue Local with Atrium Health (formerly Carolinas HealthCare System) is a good option if you wish to get care from Atrium Health (and its affiliated doctors and hospitals). Since the majority of the doctors in this plan are in the same health care system, it’s easier for them to work together on your behalf. Just make sure any doctors and hospitals you currently use, or wish to see, are in the Blue Local with Atrium Health network.
Blue Local with Atrium Health offers
- Atrium Health’s smaller, local network of hospitals and providers
- A provider network that includes Atrium Health‘s Levine Children’s Hospital that’s nationally ranked in six specialties, the region’s only level 1 trauma center and more than 200 primary care and urgent care locations
- A network that does not include Novant Health or CaroMont Health
Blue Local with Atrium Health is available to residents of these metro-Charlotte area counties: Anson, Cabarrus, Cleveland, Gaston, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanly, and Union
The benefits that are important for getting and staying healthy are at the core of all of our plans. We offer a wide range of options to help you find what fits your needs. It’s what makes Blue Cross NC the right choice for you.
- No waiting period for pre-existing conditions – All Blue Cross NC health benefit plans are available with no pre-existing condition(s) waiting periods.
- Preventive care benefits – For all Blue Cross NC individual plans mentioned in this brochure, preventive services are covered at no charge when you go to an in-network doctor. These covered services include annual exams, screenings for diabetes, mammograms and more. See bluecrossnc.com/preventive for a full list of preventive care services.
- Essential health benefits – All Blue Cross NC plans mentioned in this brochure provide coverage for essential health benefits. These services include:
- Preventive care
- Professional services
- Hospital services
- Outpatient services
- Urgent and emergency services
- Maternity services
- Mental health/chemical dependency services
- Pediatric dental and pediatric vision care
U.S. News & World Report, http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/nc/levine-childrens-hospital-PA6360280 (Accessed September 2017). ↩
Atrium Health, https://atriumhealth.org/locations/carolinas-medical-center (Accessed September 2018). ↩
All information discussed in this brochure pertains to Blue Cross NC individual-market, medical health insurance plans that are eligible for sale in 2019 and meet Affordable Care Act guidelines. The information contained does not apply to plans that are transitional, group, dental-only or other plan types. All details regarding plan benefits and design contained herein are for informational purposes only. Please see the product benefit booklet for all terms and conditions that apply. ↩
Eligibility requirements apply. See benefit booklet for details. ↩
Preventive care services as defined by recent federal regulations are covered at no charge to you. For Blue Advantage, Blue Select and Blue Value and Blue Local: Coverage for certain preventive care services (such as routine physical exams, well-baby and well-child care and immunizations) is limited to in-network benefits only. However, state-mandated preventive services are available out-of-network, for which members will pay deductible and coinsurance, plus charges over the allowed amount. Visit BlueCrossNC.com/Preventive for more details. ↩
NOTICE: Deductibles, coinsurance, limitations and exclusions may apply to coverage. Further costs and details of coverage, limitations and exclusions, and terms under which the policy can be continued in force will be provided in your free information package.