Small Group Plans
From 1 to 50 employees
From traditional PPO plans to more customer-driven health designs, our plans offer both choice and flexibility to meet your individual business needs. Compare for yourself:
Our flagship plan, offering the highest standard of convenience.
Blue Options is a good choice if you want to offer your employees a broad choice of in-network doctors, specialists and hospitals. With this plan, employees will have access to our largest network of doctors, hospitals and specialists.
Blue Options is available in all 100 North Carolina counties.
Atrium Health’s smaller, local network of hospitals and providers
Blue Local with Atrium Health (formerly Carolinas HealthCare System) is a good option if you wish to get care from Atrium Health (and its affiliated doctors and hospitals). Since the majority of the doctors in this plan are in the same health care system, it’s easier for them to work together on your behalf. Just make sure any doctors and hospitals you currently use, or wish to see, are in the Blue Local with Atrium Health network.
Blue Local with Atrium Health offers
- Atrium Health’s smaller, local network of hospitals and providers
- A provider network that includes Atrium Health‘s Levine Children’s Hospital that’s nationally ranked in six specialties, the region’s only level 1 trauma center and more than 200 primary care and urgent care locations
- A network that does not include Novant Health or CaroMont Health
Blue Local with Atrium Health is available to residents of these metro-Charlotte area counties: Anson, Cabarrus, Cleveland, Gaston, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanly, and Union
Two tiers of benefits. Preferred Care (Tier 1) offers the savings that make this plan a lower-cost option than Blue Advantage.
Choose Blue Select if you want savings along with access to our largest network of doctors, specialists and hospitals. This plan offers two tiers of in-network benefits. You may choose from either tier, but for the highest quality and the most savings, choose from Preferred Care (Tier 1).
Blue Select offers:
- Two tiers of benefits. Preferred Care (Tier 1) offers the savings that make this plan a lower-cost option than Blue Advantage. How tiers work
- Preferred Care (Tier 1) doctors and hospitals have received our top ratings for quality outcomes, cost-efficiency and accessibility.
- Standard Care (Tier 2) doctors and hospitals meet our standards for quality outcomes, cost-efficiency and/or accessibility.
- In-network providers located outside the state are Preferred Care (Tier 1) through the BlueCard® program.
- Doctors and hospitals that are not Preferred Care (Tier 1) or Standard Care (Tier 2) will be covered as out-of-network.
- The following network providers are designated as either Preferred Care (Tier 1) or Standard Care (Tier 2): hospital facilities, gastroenterology, cardiology, general surgery, obstetrics/gynecology, orthopedic surgery, neurology and endocrinology. All other providers are designated as Preferred Care (Tier 1).
Blue Select is available in all North Carolina counties except: Alamance, Anson, Cabarrus, Caswell, Chatham, Cleveland, Durham, Franklin, Gaston, Johnston, Lee, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Orange, Person, Rowan, Stanly, Union, and Wake
A limited statewide network for savings
UNC Health Alliance is our Blue Value partner in the Triangle area. Blue Value is a good fit if you want lower monthly premiums and are flexible about which doctors you see – or if your doctor or hospital is part of this smaller network. The network is statewide, making it easy to get in-network care if you travel or have a child away at college.
Blue Value Offers
- A limited statewide network for savings
- In the Triangle area, our preferred Blue Value partner is UNC Health Alliance, which includes hospitals throughout the state such as Rex (Duke Health and WakeMed are out-of-network)
- In the Charlotte/Gastonia area, our preferred Blue Value partners are Novant Health and CaroMont Health (Atrium Health is out-of-network)
Blue Value is available to residents of these North Carolina counties: Alamance, Alexander, Anson, Brunswick, Burke, Cabarrus, Caldwell, Caswell, Catawba, Chatham, Cleveland, Columbus, Davidson, Davie, Duplin, Durham, Forsyth, Franklin, Gaston, Iredell, Johnston, Lee, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, New Hanover, Onslow, Orange, Pender, Person, Rowan, Stanly, Stokes, Surry, Union, Wake, and Yadkin
NOTICE: Deductibles, coinsurance, limitations and exclusions may apply to coverage. Further costs and details of coverage, limitations and exclusions, and terms under which the policy can be continued in force will be provided in your free information package.