Small Group Plans
From 1 to 50 employees
From traditional PPO plans to more customer-driven health designs, our plans offer both choice and flexibility to meet your individual business needs. Compare for yourself:
Our flagship plan, offering the highest standard of convenience.
Blue Options is a good choice if you want to offer your employees a broad choice of in-network doctors, specialists and hospitals. With this plan, employees will have access to our largest network of doctors, hospitals and specialists.
- More than 97% of doctors and 99% of the hospitals in North Carolina in-network1
Blue Options is available in all 100 North Carolina counties.
Blue Local with Carolinas HealthCare System is available to companies located in the Charlotte-metro area.
Blue Local is a good option if your employees want lower premiums and wish to get care from Carolinas HealthCare System.2 Since all doctors are in the same system, it’s easier for them to work together on your employees’ behalf. Employees just need to make sure any doctors and hospitals they currently use, or wish to see, are in the Blue Local with Carolinas HealthCare System network.
- Lower costs through a smaller, local network
- Network that includes Carolinas HealthCare System with a children’s hospital that’s nationally ranked in six specialties, the region’s only level 1 trauma center and more than 200 primary care and urgent care locations3
- Network that does not include Novant and CaroMont
Blue Local with Carolinas HealthCare System is available to companies whose primary North Carolina address is in one of these Charlotte-metro area counties. Employees must also reside in these counties in order to be eligible: Anson, Cabarrus, Cleveland, Gaston, Lincoln., Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanly, Union.
Blue Select offers two tiers of benefits for employees to choose from.
Choose Blue Select for employees who want savings along with access to our largest network of doctors, specialists and hospitals. This plan offers two tiers of in-network benefits. Employees may choose from either tier, but Tier 1 offers the highest quality and the most savings.
- Tier 1 doctors and hospitals received our top ratings for quality outcomes, cost-efficiency and accessibility.
- Tier 2 doctors and hospitals met our standards for quality outcomes, cost-efficiency and/or accessibility.4
- In-network providers located outside the state are Tier 1 through the BlueCard® program.5
- In-network doctors and hospitals that are not Tier 1 or Tier 2 will be covered as out-of-network.
- The following network providers are designated as either Tier 1 or Tier 2: hospital facilities, gastroenterology, cardiology, general surgery, obstetrics/gynecology, orthopedic surgery, neurology, endocrinology. All other providers are designated as Tier 1.
Blue Select is available in all 100 North Carolina counties.
Blue Value features a limited network of providers for savings on your monthly cost.
Blue Value is a good fit if your employees want lower monthly premiums and are flexible about which doctors they see. Or just make sure their doctor or hospital is in its smaller network. The network is statewide, making it easy to get in-network care if employees travel or have a child away at college.
- Network that includes CaroMont, Novant, UNC Health Care and Rex, among other providers
- Network that does not include Duke Health, WakeMed or Carolinas HealthCare System
Blue Value is available to residents of these North Carolina counties: Alamance, Alexander, Anson, Brunswick, Burke, Cabarrus, Caldwell, Caswell, Catawba, Chatham, Cleveland, Columbus, Davidson, Davie, Duplin, Durham, Forsyth, Franklin, Gaston, Iredell, Johnston, Lee, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, New Hanover, Onslow, Orange, Pender, Person, Rowan, Stanly, Stokes, Surry, Union, Wake, and Yadkin.
NOTICE: Deductibles, coinsurance, limitations and exclusions may apply to coverage. Further costs and details of coverage, limitations and exclusions, and terms under which the policy can be continued in force will be provided in your free information package.
Blue Cross NC Provider Internal Data; May 11, 2017.↩
11 Blue Cross NC has collaborated with Carolinas HealthCare System. Blue Local is a health insurance plan offered by Blue Cross NC with a limited provider network. Carolinas HealthCare System is an independent company and solely responsible for the physicians and medical facilities it owns/operates and does not offer BCBS products or services.↩
U.S. News & World Report, http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/nc/levine-childrens-hospital-PA6360280 (accessed September 2017). ↩
Tier 2 providers may not have met one or more of the standards necessary for inclusion in Tier 1.↩
BCBSA: https://www.bcbs.com/learn/glossary#B (accessed September 2017)↩