A limited statewide network for savings
UNC Health Alliance is our Blue Value partner in the Triangle area. Blue Value is a good fit if you want lower monthly premiums and are flexible about which doctors you see – or if your doctor or hospital is part of this smaller network. The network is statewide, making it easy to get in-network care if you travel or have a child away at college.
Blue Value Offers
- A limited statewide network for savings
- In the Triangle area, our preferred Blue Value partner is UNC Health Alliance, which includes hospitals throughout the state such as Rex (Duke Health and WakeMed are out-of-network)
- In the Charlotte/Gastonia area, our preferred Blue Value partners are Novant Health and CaroMont Health (Atrium Health is out-of-network)
Blue Value is available to residents of these North Carolina counties: Alamance, Alexander, Anson, Brunswick, Burke, Cabarrus, Caldwell, Caswell, Catawba, Chatham, Cleveland, Columbus, Davidson, Davie, Duplin, Durham, Forsyth, Franklin, Gaston, Iredell, Johnston, Lee, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, New Hanover, Onslow, Orange, Pender, Person, Rowan, Stanly, Stokes, Surry, Union, Wake, and Yadkin
The benefits that are important for getting and staying healthy are at the core of all of our plans. We offer a wide range of options to help you find what fits your needs. It’s what makes Blue Cross NC the right choice for you.
- No waiting period for pre-existing conditions – All Blue Cross NC health benefit plans are available with no pre-existing condition(s) waiting periods.
- Preventive care benefits – For all Blue Cross NC individual plans mentioned in this brochure, preventive services are covered at no charge when you go to an in-network doctor. These covered services include annual exams, screenings for diabetes, mammograms and more. See bluecrossnc.com/preventive for a full list of preventive care services.
- Essential health benefits – All Blue Cross NC plans mentioned in this brochure provide coverage for essential health benefits. These services include:
- Preventive care
- Professional services
- Hospital services
- Outpatient services
- Urgent and emergency services
- Maternity services
- Mental health/chemical dependency services
- Pediatric dental and pediatric vision care
All information discussed in this brochure pertains to Blue Cross NC individual-market, medical health insurance plans that are eligible for sale in 2019 and meet Affordable Care Act guidelines. The information contained does not apply to plans that are transitional, group, dental-only or other plan types. All details regarding plan benefits and design contained herein are for informational purposes only. Please see the product benefit booklet for all terms and conditions that apply. ↩
Eligibility requirements apply. See benefit booklet for details. ↩
Preventive care services as defined by recent federal regulations are covered at no charge to you. For Blue Advantage, Blue Select and Blue Value and Blue Local: Coverage for certain preventive care services (such as routine physical exams, well-baby and well-child care and immunizations) is limited to in-network benefits only. However, state-mandated preventive services are available out-of-network, for which members will pay deductible and coinsurance, plus charges over the allowed amount. Visit BlueCrossNC.com/Preventive for more details. ↩
NOTICE: Deductibles, coinsurance, limitations and exclusions may apply to coverage. Further costs and details of coverage, limitations and exclusions, and terms under which the policy can be continued in force will be provided in your free information package.